iPhone fire causes minor injury to Maine schoolgirl

School officials in Maine say a student’s smart phone caught fire in her pants pocket, causing minor burns. On Friday morning at the Middle School of the Kennebunks, the eighth-grader was getting ready for her first class when her iPhone started smoking. The York County Coast Star said Jeff Rodman, the principal, notified parents that the student was assisted by students and staff, treated by an emergency crew, and taken to Southern Maine Health Care Center. Officials believe that the phone shorted out when she sat down with it in her back pocket.

Advertisement - Continue Reading Below