These quick and easy snack recipes are more about building than cooking. Engineering students would do well at assembling these Italian treats.
Gina Palmacci, chef at Legal Oysteria in the old Olives space in City Square in Charlestown, shows how to make an antipasti platter that is almost as easy as opening a giant jar of cheese balls but much tastier. Here are her recipes:
1. Tear each slice of prosciutto in half using your hands.
2. Lay the 10 slices of prosciutto on a work surface and place a bread stick on each slice.
3. Roll and twist the prosciutto around each bread stick.
4. Place in a glass and serve.
-1 cup, Aggiasca olives
-1 cup, Cerignola olives
-1 cup, Castelvetrano olives
-½ cup, Toasted whole almonds
-1 tsp, Chopped fresh rosemary
-¼ tsp, Crushed red pepper
-Juice from half an orange
1.Place all the olives and olives in a mixing bowl.
2. Add rosemary, crushed red pepper and fresh squeezed orange juice.
3. Toss olives well to combine all ingredients.
4. Place in one large serving bowl or several small bowls.
Parmesan Stuffed Peppadew Peppers
-10 each, Peppadew peppers
-1 wedge, Parmigiano reggiano cheese (about 4 to 6 ounces)
1. If using jarred peppers drain well and place on a work surface with the top of the pepper facing up.
2. Using your hands or a small knife break or cut chunks of cheese that will fit into each pepper.
3. Place each chunk of cheese into the peppers and arrange on a serving platter.
-6 oz, Italian tuna packed in oil
-2 tbls, Mayonnaise
-1 tbls, Rough chopped capers
-2 tbls, Fresh squeezed lemon juice
-½ tsp, Kosher salt
-¼ tsp, Black pepper
-10 each, Sliced and toasted crostini bread (you can use ficelle or baguette bread)
--Thinly sliced red onion soaked in red wine vinegar for garnish
1.Remove the tuna from the oil and place in a mixing bowl.
2. Add mayo, capers, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix together.
3. Try to keep the pieces of tuna as chunky as possible.
4. Slice the bread on the bias and brush with butter or olive oil in toast in a toaster oven or in a pan until golden brown.
5. Place a small amount of tuna salad on each crostini.
6. Garnish with the thinly sliced red onions that have been soaking in the red wine vinegar.
7. Arrange on a serving platter and enjoy.