Researcher hurt when glass shatters at MGH lab in Charlestown

A researcher working with a chemical suffered a serious cut to his arm when a glass container shattered Tuesday in a Charlestown lab, prompting firefighters to send a hazardous materials team to the site run by Massachusetts General Hospital, officials said. No toxic substances were released, Fire Department spokesman Steve MacDonald said at the scene at 149 13th St. A technician on the sixth floor was working with tetrazine at about 3 p.m. when the glass burst, MacDonald said.

Advertisement - Continue Reading Below