Suspect Christopher Piantedosi killed ‘loving mother of two’ inside her Burlington home, district attorney says

Burlington, MA - 5-4-12 - Suspect in Burlington murder, Christopher Piantedosi, (cq) arrives at the Burlington PD in a Burlington PD cruiser. (Globe staff photo / Bill Greene) section:metro, Topic: 05burlington
Christopher Piantedosi arrived at the Burlington police headquarters in a cruiser.
Bill Greene/Globe Staff

BURLINGTON—Christopher Piantedosi, the man wanted for murdering his girlfriend in Burlington, surrendered to state troopers this afternoon after he was found sitting in a car stopped in the parking lot of the State Police barracks in Weston on the Massachusetts Turnpike.

“We’ve got him in custody,’’ State Police spokesman David Procopio said shortly before 2:30 p.m. today.

This afternoon, Middlesex District Attorney Gerard T. Leone Jr. confirmed that Piantedosi was in custody and outlined the reason for the manhunt that began shortly after Kristen Pulisciano was stabbed inside her home at 23 Forbes Ave.

Advertisement - Continue Reading Below

“We allege the defendant brutally and fatally stabbed the victim, a loving mother of two, inside her home,” Leone said at a press conference that was also attended by Burlington Police Chief Michael Kent.

“This killing was the result of a very angry rage,” Leone said.

Leone said Piantedosi and Pulisciano had a long-standing, live-in relationship that soured recently. During their time together, Leone said, there had been prior acts of violence by Piantedosi against the 38-year-old Pulisciano.

Piantedosi is 39 years old and had been living in Methuen.

The body of Pulisciano was found about 6:45 p.m. Thursday. Police said she was stabbed to death.

Piantedosi is also the man who was dubbed “The Remorseful Robber’’ last year after he stole a woman’s wallet, GPS device, and $90 in cash, but later returned the stolen items with a letter of apology to the New Hampshire victim.

He included a letter of apology signed, “Stupid,’’ according to the Manchester Union Leader.

He pleaded guilty in September to a misdemeanor and was given a 30-day suspended sentence. He told the newspaper he was having trouble finding work because prospective employers would read news accounts of his case and choose not to hire him.