For the record, I don't make resolutions.
So, before you assume this is a post about resolutions I have for the new year, I'm going to disappoint you right now and say it's not. (By the definition of the word, I suppose this will sound like a resolution, but I'm thinking of it more as a list of goals.)
Instead, as I am about to turn 31, it made me think about what I'd like to do this year considering all I accomplished last year.
Last year was about learning: Learning a new way of eating, learning how to run, learning how to really push myself outside of what's familiar and comfortable. This year, I just want to try a bunch of new things and have a ton of fun. Do I still want to lose a few more pounds? Sure. Am I still going to count my calories and #eatitthentweetit? You bet. But one of the best parts of trying new things is the sheer amount of fun I have.
With that in mind, here's my list of 13
flavors things I'd like to do/try in 2013:
1. Manage to bust out a five-minute #plankAday
2. Try a Spartan Race/Warrior Dash/Tough Mudder obstacle course
3. Run another half marathon (I know, I didn't think I'd say that anytime soon either)
4. Get under 30 minutes for my 5K pace
5. Master a pull-up
6. Run 10 5Ks (yes, 10, a completely arbitrary number, but more than the four I ran this year)
7. Master one really amazing, super-healthy recipe that will become my go-to dish when I'm in a pinch (suggestions welcome)
8. Jump out of a plane. Yes, I want to go skydiving. Always have. This year I'm vowing to do it.
9. Get back into rock climbing
10. Get back into rowing (any Simmons alum want to get a four together!?)
11. Find a good yoga class that fits my schedule (this is going to be super difficult)
12. Teach my son it's fun to try something hard
13. Run more. Laugh more. With friends.