On my playlist this morning: On the floor by Jennifer Lopez
What I did: 35 minutes of interval running, 20 minutes of weight lifting
As you may know (if you've been regularly reading this blog), I'm obsessed with my crockpot.
In terms of favorite kitchen tools, my crockpot ranks just above my coffee brewer and dishwasher for things that make my life easier. This is the one kitchen tool that I (as a busy working Mom) cannot live without.
Because of my obsession, many of you have e-mailed me asking for some of the healthy crockpot recipes I use. So, today, because of popular demand, I'm sharing three of my favorites.
Crockpot Chicken Stroganoff
This is a Weight Watchers recipe I found online a while back and it's become one of my staples for cold, dreary nights. For those who count Weight Watchers points, this is four points per serving.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken
- 1 container (16 oz) fat free sour cream
- 1 packet powdered onion soup mix
- 1 can fat free cream of chicken soup
- 1 small can mushrooms
Add all ingredients to crock pot. Cook on low for 6 hours. (This makes 6 servings)
Sweet potato chili
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and in 2-inch chunks
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed (or 2/3 cup dried beans, soaked overnight and boiled briskly for 10 minutes because of the freaky red bean toxin thing)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can tomatoes (whatever's on sale, mine had oregano and roasted garlic)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice (not pictured. If you don't have any in the house, use water)
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- 1 lb. Veggie Patty Mix (Crumbled veggie burgers, 'ground beef' style veggie protein)
- 4 large Red Bell Peppers
- 1 cup Onion, diced
- 3 clove of Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
- 4 tsp. Jalapeno Pepper, dice
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 4 Tbs. Nutritional Yeast
Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
Click on the links of the recipe for more detailed instructions. And, if three recipes wasn't enough for you,check out more interesting crockpot recipes that fellow blogger Renee Hirschberg has begun compiling on Pinterest on a board called #CrockpotWed. @BeWellBoston is a contributor to this board.