Here's a different sort of beer tasting: brews with desserts.
On May 17 and 24, Finale Desserterie & Bakery in Coolidge Corner will show you just how well a fruit tart, creme brulee, and different kinds of chocolate will pair with beer.
Erika Soucy from Great Brewers will explain how the beers pair with the desserts selected by Finale's executive pastry chef, Nicole Coady. The pairings are as follows:
· Lindeman's Peche with a fresh Seasonal Fruit Tart
· Bosteel's Tripel Karmeliet with Crème Brulee
· Wells Banana Bread with Boston Cream
· Schneider Aventinus Eisbock with Chocolate Symphony Squares
· Atwater Vanilla Java Porter with Chocolate Decadence
The events run from 6:30 to 8 p.m. The cost is $19.99 per person. To make a reservation, call 617-623-3233.