Recipe for spaghetti frittata Spaghetti frittata
|¼||cup chopped fresh parsley|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|2||tablespoon olive oil|
|4||scallions, finely sliced|
|4||ounces (4 cups) spinach leaves, stemmed|
|2||cups cooked spaghetti or spaghetti and sauce|
|4||ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into ½-inch cubes|
|½||cup grated Pecorino Romano|
1. Set an oven rack 6 inches below the broiler element. Turn on the broiler. Have on hand a 9-inch skillet with a heatproof handle.
2. In a bowl, beat the egg, parsley, salt, and pepper.
3. In the skillet, heat the oil over medium heat, swirling it around the bottom and up the sides. Add the scallions and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Add the spinach, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until it wilts. Stir in the spaghetti and cook for 1 minute. Distribute the cheese over the top.
4. Pour the eggs into the pan. Turn the heat to low, and cook for 7 to 9 minutes, or until the eggs are set at the edges (not in the middle).
5. Sprinkle with Romano. Transfer to the broiler. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the top is set and the cheese is brown, watching carefully so the eggs do not overcook. Cool in the pan for a few minutes. Cut into wedges. Sally Pasley Vargas