Pizza with butternut squash, caramelized onion, and spinach
Flour (for sprinkling)
1 pound ready-made pizza dough
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup caramelized onions
1/2 cup cooked spinach
1/2 cup roasted butternut squash, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
1. Invert a cookie sheet and place it on the bottom rack of the oven. Remove any other racks from the oven, or move them to the top so they will not interfere with the pizza-making.
2. Set the oven at 500 degrees.
3. Cut a piece of parchment paper about the size of your cookie sheet. Place it on the counter and sprinkle generously with flour.
4. Set the dough on the parchment. Stretch or roll the dough to a large round 12 inches in diameter and 1/2-inch thick. If the dough feels too elastic to roll, cover it loosely with a clean kitchen towel and let it rest for 10 minutes.
5. Top the dough with mozzarella, onions, spinach, squash, and Parmesan.
6. Carefully slide the parchment paper with the pizza onto the inverted cookie sheet, without moving it from its spot in the oven.
7. Bake the pizza for 15 minutes or until the dough is cooked on the bottom and the cheese is bubbly.