|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|2||pounds green beans, trimmed|
|8||large tomatoes (red and yellow), cored|
|2 1/2||pounds swordfish|
|Olive oil (for sprinkling)|
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|1||clove garlic, finely chopped|
|1/2||cup pitted black olives, chopped|
1. Bring a soup pot of salted water to a boil. Drop in the green beans and cook for 2 minutes exactly. Transfer to a colander and rinse with cold water until the beans are cold. Transfer half the beans to a plastic container for the salad.
2. Refill the pot with several inches of water and bring to a boil. Drop in the tomatoes and cook for 10 seconds. Drain and rinse with cold water until they are cold. With a small paring knife, peel off and discard the skins. Set aside 4 of the tomatoes for the salad. Cut the remaining tomatoes into 8 pieces.
3. Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for medium-high heat or turn on the broiler.
4. Cut the swordfish into 6 even pieces. Set them on a plate or broiler pan. Sprinkle with oil, salt, and pepper.
5. Grill the fish, turning once, for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through. Or broil the fish, without turning, for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through. Save 2 pieces of swordfish for the salad.
6. In a large skillet, heat the oil. When it is hot, add the garlic, green beans and tomatoes. Cook, turning often, for 5 minutes or until the beans are hot and the tomatoes just start to collapse. Add the olives, capers, salt, and pepper.
7. On 4 dinner plates, arrange 1 piece of swordfish and spoon some of the green bean mixture beside it.