Salad Nicoise with swordfish
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|1||pound fingerling potatoes|
|1/3||cup olive oil|
|4||large tomatoes, peeled|
|1||pint mixed colored cherry tomatoes, halved|
|2||pieces broiled or grilled swordfish|
|1||head Boston or leaf lettuce, cored, rinsed, and torn up|
|1||pound blanched green beans|
|3||tablespoons wine vinegar|
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the eggs and cook for 10 minutes exactly. Transfer to a bowl of cold water (do not drain the water in the pot). Crack the eggs and peel off a wide band of shell. Return to the cold water until the eggs cool. Peel the eggs, dry them, and halve horizontally.
2. Return the water to a boil. Add a large pinch of salt and the fingerlings to the water. Cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain and slice thickly; transfer to a bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Cut each tomato into 8 pieces. Halve the cherry tomatoes or quarter if large. Cut the swordfish into thin slices.
4. On each of 4 plates, arrange lettuce, green beans, potatoes, tomatoes, and swordfish.
5. In a bowl, whisk the vinegar, salt, pepper, and remaining oil. Spoon dressing over the salad and sprinkle with capers. Add the eggs and sprinkle with salt. Sheryl Julian