Serves 4 with leftovers
|2||tablespoons chili powder|
|4||teaspoons sweet paprika|
|1||tablespoon mustard powder|
|1 1/2||teaspoons ground black pepper|
|1/2||teaspoon cayenne pepper|
1. In a small bowl, mix chili powder, paprika, mustard, black and cayenne pepper.
2. Set aside.
|1||teaspoon canola oil|
|1||small onion, chopped|
|2||tablespoons spice rub|
|1/3||cup orange marmalade|
|2||tablespoons tomato paste|
|1/4||cup apple cider vinegar|
|1||bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce|
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, heat canola oil. Cook the onion, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Add the spice rub and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in marmalade, molasses, tomato paste, and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat, and simmer 3 minutes.
2. Stir in chili sauce. Return to a boil. Lower the heat, and simmer 2 minutes.
|Canola oil (for the rack)|
|12||chicken drumsticks (about 3 pounds)|
|1||tablespoon canola oil|
|Salt, to taste|
|1||tablespoon spice rub|
|1||cup barbecue sauce|
1. Set the oven at 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and set a wire rack inside. Lightly oil the rack.
2. In a large bowl, toss chicken with canola oil, salt, and spice rub. Place the drumsticks on the rack. Cook for 45 minutes, rotating the pan from front to back halfway through.
3. Brush the drumsticks with barbecue sauce. Continue cooking the chicken for 5 minutes. Turn the drumsticks over, brush again, and cook 5 minutes more. Repeat 1 more time.
4. Reserve 4 drumsticks for chili. Serve with warm corn bread.