|1||sheet frozen puff pastry (about 8-by-12 inches), thawed for 15 minutes|
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unfold the puff pastry onto the sheet. Using a small knife, score a 1/2-inch border around the edge of the pastry. Lightly brush the border with water and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the sugar.
2. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
|2||eggs plus 1 extra yolk|
|1/4||cup heavy cream|
|1||teaspoon vanilla extract|
|Grated rind of 1 lemon|
|1||pound fresh ricotta cheese|
|1||pint strawberries, hulled, and quartered|
1. Set the oven at 350 degrees. Bake the pastry for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
2. Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
3. In a bowl mix the eggs, yolk, sugar, cream, vanilla, lemon rind, and salt. Gently fold in the ricotta.
4. With the tip of a knife, carefully remove the top layer of pastry from the area inside the sugared border. With your fingers, gently flatten the remaining center area of pastry. Spoon the ricotta mixture into the flattened part and spread evenly.
5. Bake for 35 minutes, or until the ricotta mixture is set and just starting to brown. Serve with strawberries.