|1/2||cup confectioners’ sugar|
|1||cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened and cut up|
2. In an electric mixer, beat the flour, confectioners’ sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
3. Add the butter and beat until it is evenly distributed throughout and the mixture is crumbly.
4. Tip the mixture into the baking pan. With lightly floured hands, press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan to form a crust. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven.
5. Lower the oven temperature to 300 degrees. Make the filling while the crust bakes.
|4||eggs plus 2 egg yolks|
|1||cup granulated sugar|
|Juice of 3 large lemons (enough to make 3/4 cup)|
|1||tablespoon grated lemon rind|
|Confectioners’ sugar (for sprinkling)|
2. Bake the lemon bars for 15 to 20 minutes or until set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
3. Make 3 lengthwise cuts and 5 horizontal cuts in the mixture to form 24 bars. Remove from the pan and sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
Adapted from “Chicken and Egg’’