|1||cup maple syrup|
|1/2||cup kosher salt|
|2||celery stalks, diced|
|1||tablespoon juniper berries|
|4||pounds boneless pork loin|
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|Pepper, to taste|
|1||sprig fresh rosemary, chopped|
1. In a large bowl, combine the maple syrup, water, salt, sugar, onion, carrot, celery, juniper berries, and bay leaves. Stir well. Taste for seasoning. The mixture should be evenly salty and sweet.
2. Add pork, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
3. Set the oven at 350 degrees. Have on hand a roasting pan with a rack or a rimmed baking sheet with a wire rack set inside.
4. Remove the pork from the liquid. Dry it with paper towels. Rub it with oil and sprinkle with pepper and rosemary.
5. Place the pork on the rack. Roast it for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 130 degrees. Remove the meat from the oven and let it rest in a warm place for 5 minutes.
6. Slice and serve with root vegetable hash.
Adapted from the Red Lion Inn