Tandoori drumsticks with cucumber salad
Serves 4, with leftovers
|1||cucumber, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced|
|1/2||small red onion, thinly sliced|
|1||clove garlic, finely chopped|
|1||teaspoon chopped fresh mint|
|1||teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro|
|Juice of 1/2 lemon|
|2||tablespoons plain Greek-style yogurt|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
2. Taste for seasoning; add more salt and pepper if you like.
|1||piece (2 inches) ginger, coarsely chopped|
|3||tablespoons tomato paste|
|1||small chili pepper, cored and cut up|
|2||teaspoons ground cinnamon|
|2||teaspoons ground cloves|
|2||teaspoons ground cardamom|
|2||tablespoons black pepper|
|1||cup plain Greek-style yogurt|
|Oil (for the pan)|
|1 1/2||lemons, cut into wedges|
2. In a roasting pan, arrange the drumsticks in one layer. Pour the yogurt mixture on top and turn the chicken to coat it evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, turning occasionally.
3. Set the oven at 450 degrees.
4. Place wire rack in a rimmed baking sheet. With paper towels, oil the rack. Arrange the chicken on the rack in one layer. Reserve marinade.
5. Cook the chicken for 20 minutes. Brush with extra marinade. Continue cooking for 5 minutes. Turn and brush again with marinade. Continue cooking for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown. (