|(Food Styling/Sheryl Julian And Catherine Smart; Wendy Maeda/Globe Staff)|
|Prosciutto from 3 pieces fish, coarsely chopped|
|Sliced cooked potatoes from fish, coarsely chopped|
|2||cups clam or fish broth|
|2||cups heavy cream|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|3||pieces cooked fish, flaked into large pieces|
|2||tablespoons chopped fresh parsley|
1. In a soup pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the scallions and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
2. Add the prosciutto and continue cooking, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
3. Add the potatoes, clam or fish broth, cream, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer 3 minutes.
4. Add the fish and cook 2 minutes or until the fish is heated through. Taste the chowder for seasoning and add more salt and pepper, if you like.
5. Ladle the chowder into bowls. Sprinkle with parsley.