Chicken fingers with mango-pineapple salsa
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, with its liquid
1/2 cup chopped fresh mango or frozen mango, thawed
1 tablespoon lime juice
Vegetable oil (for the dish)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup light sour cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
4 cups tortilla chips
1. In a small bowl, combine pineapple, mango, and lime juice. Cover and refrigerate.
2. Set the oven at 400 degrees. Oil a 9-by-13-inch baking dish
3. In a medium bowl, combine egg, sour cream, and salt. Cut chicken into 3/4-inch-thick strips and add to egg mixture. Stir to coat. Place chips in a 1-gallon zipper plastic bag. Use a rolling pin to crush to crumbs. Transfer to a shallow dish.
4. Transfer a few chicken strips at a time to the dish of chips. Roll and press strips into the chips to coat all sides. Arrange in the baking dish, leaving space between them.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with salsa.
Adapted from “Dora & Diego Let’s Cook’’