|1/2||teaspoon baking powder|
|1 1/3||cup whole-milk ricotta|
|3||eggs, separated, plus 1 extra yolk|
|1/2||cup whole milk|
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1||cup plain yogurt (for topping)|
|1/2||cup preserves, such as cherry (for topping)|
1. In a bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to blend them.
2. In another bowl, combine ricotta and 4 yolks. With a wooden spoon, beat for 1 minute or until light and fluffy. Stir in flour mixture alternately with milk in two additions. Stir until just blended.
3. In an electric mixer, beat the 3 egg whites until stiff but not dry.
4. Stir 1/4 of whites into the ricotta mixture to lighten it. Fold in the remaining whites in 3 more additions.
5. Heat a large, nonstick skillet. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil. Using a 1/4-cup measuring cup, pour mounds of batter into the pan. Cook without disturbing for 1 minute or until brown on the bottom. Turn and continue cooking for 1 minute more or until the pancakes are golden on the undersides. Cook remaining batter in the same way.
6. Top pancakes with yogurt and preserves.
Adapted from Pattie Federico