|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|1||bunch broccoli rabe, ends trimmed|
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|2||cloves garlic, thinly sliced|
|1/4||cup bread crumbs|
|1/4||cup grated Parmesan|
1. Turn on the broiler. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli rabe and return the water to a boil. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the broccoli rabe is almost tender but still bright green.
2. Drain the broccoli rabe and rinse with cold water.
3. Squeeze the broccoli rabe to remove excess water. Pat it dry with paper towels.
4. Wipe out the skillet. Add the olive oil. Add the garlic, and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes or until it begins to soften.
5. Add the broccoli, and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes or until it is tender and beginning to brown.
6. In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan. Sprinkle the mixture over the broccoli. Place the pan under the broiler, setting it about 8 inches from the element. Broil for 1 minute, watching the pan carefully, until the crumbs are golden.
Karoline Boehm Goodnick