Pork tacos with black beans and mango salsa
|1 1/2||cups leftover salsa, drained to remove excess liquid|
|1||can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained|
|Juice of 1/2 lime|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|1||teaspoon olive oil|
|1/2||cup pumpkin seeds|
|2||grilled pork chops, meat removed from the bone and thinly sliced|
|4||radishes, thinly sliced|
|Few sprigs fresh cilantro (for garnish)|
1. In a bowl, combine the salsa, black beans, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
2. In a small skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the pumpkin seeds and stir for 1 minute or until they smell toasty and turn brown. Transfer to a plate to cool.
3. Add the pork to the skillet and cook, stirring, until the meat is warmed through.
4. Place a tortilla directly on a medium gas flame for a few seconds, or until it starts to puff and is slightly charred at the edges. Using tongs, turn it and let it heat for a few seconds on the other side. (Total time over the flame is 15 to 20 seconds.) Or, heat the tortillas in an ungreased skillet over medium heat.
5. Fold each tortilla in half while hot. Set on a plate and cover with a clean kitchen towel to keep warm until all the tortillas are heated.
6. Fill each tortilla with pork, beans, and salsa. Garnish with the toasted pumpkin seeds, radishes and cilantro sprigs.