|2||pounds boneless pork loin|
|2||tablespoons grated raw onion|
|Juice of 2 lemons|
|3||tablespoons chopped fresh oregano|
|1||teaspoon salt, and more to taste|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper, and more to taste|
|3||tablespoons olive oil|
|1/2||head green cabbage, thinly sliced into shreds|
|1||romaine lettuce heart, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced into shreds|
|1/2||English cucumber, thinly sliced|
|1||pint cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered|
|Olive oil (for sprinkling)|
|4||pita rounds (8-inches)|
|1||lemon, quartered (for serving)|
1. Remove the fat from the pork and cut the loin into 1-inch pieces. Slip the meat into a 1/2-gallon plastic zipper bag.
2. In a bowl, mix the onion, juice of 1 of the lemons, oregano, salt, pepper, and oil. Add the marinade to the bag. Zip the bag, compressing it well. Massage the sauce into the pork, turning the bag to distribute the sauce evenly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or for up to half a day. Remove the pork from the refrigerator 20 minutes before cooking.
3. Thread the pork onto skewers, using 5 pieces of meat on each skewer.
4. Light a charcoal grill and wait for the coals to turn gray or set a gas grill to medium-high.
5. Set the skewers on the grill rack, cover, and cook for 3 minutes. Turn, cover, and cook 3 minutes more or until the pork is cooked through.
6. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cabbage, lettuce, cucumber, and tomatoes. Add enough oil to barely coat the vegetables. Sprinkle with the juice from the remaining lemon. Add salt and pepper and toss again.
7. Serve the pork skewers on the pita with salad and lemon wedges.