|(Necee Regis for The Boston Globe)|
|Butter (for the pan)|
|2||teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon maple syrup|
|1/4||pound thinly sliced prosciutto|
|1||cup crumbled feta cheese|
|2||teaspoons baking powder|
|2||eggs, lightly beaten|
|1/4||cup olive oil|
2. Drizzle 2 teaspoons of maple syrup over bottom of baking dish, then overlap slices of prosciutto to cover all interior surfaces.
3. In small bowl, combine feta with the remaining 1 tablespoon maple syrup; set aside.
4. In a larger bowl, whisk the flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking powder. Add the eggs, buttermilk, and olive oil. Mix well. Fold the feta mixture into batter.
5. Pour the batter over prosciutto. Bake the corn bread for 25 minutes or until it is firm to the touch.
6. Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes. Turn out and cut into squares. Adapted from Elizabeth Morse