|10||ounces pancetta or guanciale, cut in 1-inch strips|
|1/2||cup chicken stock|
|3/4||cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano|
|2||tablespoons unsalted butter, cut up|
|Pepper, to taste|
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta or guanciale and render it for 8 minutes or until it is golden brown.
3. In a small bowl whisk together the egg yolks, chicken stock, and Parmigiano Reggiano.
4. Drop the spaghetti into the water and let it cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until it is tender but still has some bite. Near the end of cooking, dip a heatproof measuring cup into the water and remove 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water.
5. Stir the water gradually into the egg mixture.
6. Drain the spaghetti and without rinsing it, tip it into the pancetta. Add the yolk mixture and cook over low heat for 1 minute. Add the butter and pepper. Taste for seasoning and add more salt, if you like. Adapted from Il Casale