|4||russet or other baking potatoes, scrubbed|
|1||pound broccoli crowns|
|1||cup grated cheddar|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|1/4||cup grated Jack cheese (for sprinkling)|
2. Using a paring knife, make 3 to 4 small slits on each potato. Set the potatoes in the oven and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a fork inserted in the center of the potato goes in easily. Set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, set a steamer insert into a deep saucepan. Add enough water to the pan so it just reaches the steamer tray. Bring to a boil.
4. Using kitchen shears, cut the florets off the broccoli crowns. Using tongs, carefully place the broccoli in the steamer tray. Cover the pan and turn the heat to medium-high. Steam the broccoli for 5 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. Transfer the broccoli to a bowl.
5. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, halve them lengthwise. Using a large soup spoon, scoop the potato flesh into a shallow bowl. With a fork, mash the potato, cheddar, salt and pepper.
6. With the spoon, pack the mashed potatoes back in their skins, mounding the filling in the center. Place the broccoli on top, pressing it in slightly so it doesn’t topple over. Sprinkle with Jack cheese. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake the potatoes for 15 minutes or until they are hot.