|2||large carrots, thickly sliced on the diagonal|
|24||spears fresh asparagus, tough ends snapped off|
|16||ounces (2 cups) frozen peas|
|4||pieces 1-inch-thick skinless boneless cod (6 ounces each)|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|1/2||cup olive oil|
|2||cloves garlic, sliced thinly lengthwise|
|1/2||cup chopped fresh parsley|
|1||scallion, very thinly sliced|
2. In a saucepan fitted with a steamer insert and several inches of boiling water, steam the carrots, covered, for 5 minutes or until just tender. Remove from the steamer; set aside.
3. Remove the steamer insert. Add more boiling water to the saucepan, if necessary. Add the asparagus to the water. Cook for 2 minutes or until just tender. Remove from the water; set aside.
4. Drop the peas into the water and cook 30 seconds. Drain in a colander; set aside.
5. Sprinkle the cod with salt and pepper; dust lightly with flour.
6. In a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Add the cod and cook for 5 minutes on a side or until the fish is opaque in the center. Set in the baking dish. Add the carrots, asparagus, and peas to the dish. Transfer to the oven and cook for 5 minutes.
7. In a small saucepan, heat the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil until hot. Add the garlic, paprika, and parsley. Spoon a little of the oil mixture on each of 4 deep plates. Set cod and vegetables on top. Sprinkle the fish and vegetables with more of the oil mixture. Garnish with scallions.
Adapted from Monvinic