Winter greens tart
|Flour (for sprinkling)|
|1||sheet puff pastry, thawed|
|1||large bunch (about 10 ounces) fresh spinach, stemmed and rinsed|
|1||large bunch (about 10 ounces) kale, stemmed, tough spines removed, and rinsed|
|1||cup whole-milk cottage cheese|
|3||tablespoons whole milk|
|Black pepper, to taste|
|1/8||teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg|
2. On a lightly floured counter, roll out the puff pastry to an 11-inch round. Lift it onto the rolling pin and ease it into the tart pan. Use the rolling pin to roll over the tart pan to trim the pastry.
3. Line the pastry with parchment paper and fill it with pie weights or dried beans. Bake the pastry on the bottom rack of the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the parchment and weights or beans. Continue baking for 5 to 10 minutes more or until the pastry is golden. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
4. Press on the spinach and kale to remove most of the moisture. Coarsely chop the greens and transfer to a large bowl.
5. In a food processor, combine the cottage cheese, eggs, and milk. Work the mixture until it is smooth. Pour the custard over the greens. Stir in the currants, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
6. Pour the filling into the tart pan. Pat it to make it compact, smooth, and flat on top.
7. Return the tart to the oven and continue baking for 25 minutes or until the filling is set. Cool for 5 minutes.
Adapted from "Eat Feed Autumn Winter"