Penne with pomodoro sauce
|3||tablespoons olive oil|
|4||cloves garlic, chopped|
|1||medium onion, chopped|
|1||can (32 ounces) San Marzano tomatoes|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|Extra basil leaves (for garnish)|
|Freshly grated Parmesan (for sprinkling)|
2. Add the tomatoes and stir well. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the tomatoes break up easily when stirred with a wire whisk. Break up all the tomatoes until uniformly chunky.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil.
4. Remove the tomato mixture from the heat. Stir in the basil, salt, and pepper.
5. Add the penne to the water and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain the pasta and stir it into the tomato sauce.
6. Garnish with more basil leaves and sprinkle with Parmesan. Adapted from Toscana Kitchen + Bar