|2||skinless, boneless chicken breasts|
|2||tablespoons olive oil, plus more for sprinkling|
|2||teaspoons chopped fresh thyme|
|1 1/4||teaspoons kosher salt|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||medium zucchini, thinly sliced|
|1||red pepper, cored and cut in 4 pieces|
|4||scallions, left whole but trimmed|
|1||teaspoon balsamic vinegar|
1. Prepare a medium-hot charcoal fire or heat the burners on the gas grill to medium-high.
2. Set the chicken on a plate, sprinkle with enough oil to barely coat it, add 1 teaspoon thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
3. In a bowl, toss the zucchini, red pepper, and scallions with 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Let sit at room temperature while the grill heats.
4. Grill the chicken and vegetables without turning them for 3 minutes or until they have good grill marks. With tongs, flip the meat and vegetables. Continue cooking for 5 minutes or until the chicken is firm to the touch and just cooked through (check by slicing into a thick spot), and the vegetables are all browned and tender.
5. Divide the vegetables between 2 plates and set a piece of chicken on top. Sprinkle with the balsamic vinegar, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, the remaining 1 teaspoon thyme, and the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.