|1 1/2||pounds boneless chicken cutlets|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|4||tablespoons olive oil|
|4||tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1/4||pound button mushrooms, thinly sliced|
|1/2||cup white wine|
|1||jar or can (about 16 ounces) roasted red peppers, sliced|
|1||can (about 14 ounces) artichoke hearts in water, drained and quartered|
|1||cup chicken stock|
|Juice of 1 lemon|
|2||tablespoons chopped fresh parsley|
1. Place the cutlets between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. On a cutting board with a mallet or the bottom of a heavy skillet, pound the cutlets until they are quite thin. Dust them with flour, salt, and pepper.
2. In 2 large skillets, heat 2 tablespoons oil in each until hot. Add 2 tablespoons butter to each. When it foams, divide the cutlets between the pans. Cook them over medium-high heat for a few minutes on each side or until they are golden brown. Remove them from the skillets and transfer to a platter.
3. Add the mushrooms to one of the skillets. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until the mushrooms release their liquid. Pour the wine into the mushrooms. Cook, scraping the bottom of the pan, for 2 minutes. Tip the mushroom mixture into the second skillet and cook, scraping the bottom of the pan, for 2 minutes more.
4. Return the cutlets to the skillet of sauce. Add the roasted peppers, artichoke hearts, chicken stock, and lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a boil. Lower the heat, cover the pan, and simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce is well flavored.
5. Transfer the chicken to a platter. Leave the lid off the pan. Let the sauce simmer steadily for 5 minutes or until it reduces slightly. Spoon the sauce over the cutlets and sprinkle with parsley. - Adapted from Caffe il Cipresso