|2||pounds medium Yukon Gold or Yellow Finn potatoes, scrubbed and cut into quarters|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|8||sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves removed from stems|
1. In a large pot, combine the potatoes with water to cover them by a couple inches and plenty of salt. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat and simmer the potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
2. Set the oven at 400 degrees. Pour the olive oil into a large, heavy roasting pan. Transfer to the oven and heat the oil for 5 minutes or until it is hot.
3. Using tongs, carefully set the potatoes in the hot oil. Roll them around so that they are completely coated in oil.
4. Roast the potatoes for 1 hour or until crisp and golden brown. Shake the potatoes every 20 minutes to keep them from sticking. After 30 minutes in the oven, toss the potatoes with the fresh thyme.
5. Sprinkle with more salt and some pepper. - Jonathan Levitt