How do you store stuff without hiding it? Make it a décor element! That's the key behind décorganization, open storage that's a visual part of the space. My DIY jewelry corkboard is chic and solves my storage issue, plus it's super simple to make.
This idea came about because I discovered Pinhooks, awesome push pins with hooks on the ends, perfect for a little corkboard décorganization!
What You'll Need:
• Cork tiles
• Fabric (about 3/4 yard for 4 12" x 12" tiles)
• Pinhooks, push pins, or straight pins
• Adhesive strips
1. Fold your fabric in half.
2. Lay your tile on top of the fabric. Cut your pieces, leaving about an inch allowance on all sides. Repeat again for 4 tiles.
3. Flip 1 piece of fabric face side down and center your tile. Starting in the middle of each side, pull the fabric tight and secure with a staple. Repeat with the other 3 sides.
4. Continue to staple along the sides (I used 3 staples on each).
5. Fold down the corners, and staple to secure. Repeat with remaining tiles.
6. Affix your adhesive of choice to the back of the cork tile. Press onto your wall to secure. Repeat with remaining tiles.
7. Hang your jewelry using Pinhooks or other pins. Post-backed earrings can be pressed directly into the corkboard.
Do you practice any décorganization in your home? Tell us in the comments or tweet us at @DIYBoston!
The author is solely responsible for the content.
About the Authors
Melissa Massello is a newspaper journalist turned startup junkie and lifelong Bostonian who prides herself on her do-it-yourself attitude. From making her prom dress out
|Tara Bellucci is a Boston-based writer that lives for fonts, food, and flea market finds. Whether decorating jars of her homemade jam for The Boston More »|