Whether it's a good workout, some quality time together, or an afternoon spent learning a new skill, we love to give (and get) experience gifts. With so many daily deal sites out in the marketplace, offering discounts on everything from fitness to family fun, we thought we'd cut down on your holiday shopping time by rounding up the best deals in the arts, outdoor, food, and fitness categories. But hurry up! Time is limited on most of them, so don't miss out.
• Private Dance Lesson from Arthur Murray Dance Studio ($29)
Separate the samba from the cha-cha with a private lesson. A group class is also included.
• Welding Workshop at Stonybrook Fine Arts ($75)
At this Jamaica Plain studio, learn to fuse and cut metal with blowtorches. Yes, blowtorches.
• Four-week Introductory Knitting Class at the Stitch House ($35)
Cast on, knit, purl: learn the basics of knitting in this month-long course in Dorchester.
• Introduction to Ice Climbing Course ($209)
Learn how to anchor and belay like the best of them in this intro course.
• Horseback Riding Lesson ($35)
Master your mare with a private one-hour lesson from East Coast Equine in Boxford.
• Open Water Sailing Lesson ($99)
Earn your sea legs during this two-hour class where you'll learn the ropes (and sails and boat maintenance).
• 5 Weeks of Skating Lessons ($60)
For kids and adults alike, learn this classic winter pastime at Boston Common Skating School in Saugus.
• Chef's Journey Tasting Lunch at L'Espalier ($69)
Enjoy a 10-12 course tasting lunch at the hands of Chef Frank McClelland at one of Boston's most acclaimed restos.
• Wine or Culinary Education Course at Gordon's Fine Wines & Liquors ($15 and up)
Get knowledge on a particular wine region or learn to make mozzarella with classes at this Waltham shop.
• Bully Boy Distillery Tour for 2 ($20)
Explore the spot where these South Boston spirits are made, and then sip them at the end.
• 10-Visit Card to MetroRock ($119)
Get your climb on with this cool indoor workout at multiple Boston-area locations. Equipment rental included.
• Five Pilates Classes ($110)
Tone your core with the experts at Shawn's Studio in Watertown.
• Five Classes at Redline Fight Sports ($35)
MMA, Kickboxing, and combat sports are a full-body workout. Let out some aggression at this Cambridgeport studio.
• Five-Class Yoga Pass ($25)
Get your downward dog on at one of Open Doors Yoga's 14 Boston-area locations.
The author is solely responsible for the content.
About the Authors
Melissa Massello is a newspaper journalist turned startup junkie and lifelong Bostonian who prides herself on her do-it-yourself attitude. From making her prom dress out
|Tara Bellucci is a Boston-based writer that lives for fonts, food, and flea market finds. Whether decorating jars of her homemade jam for The Boston More »|