I've been talking to female founders this week, preparing a column that will run on Sunday. Here are the five networking groups and resources that have been mentioned most often as helpful by the women I've interviewed.
Know of others? Please add them in the comments...
- Boston Women's Network. Regular monthly meetings with speakers, focused on helping members achieve their personal and professional goals.
- Center for Women & Enterprise. Helps women start and grow businesses, with courses on QuickBooks, obtaining bank financing, and selecting a legal entity for the business. Serves Boston, Providence, and Worcester.
- Commonwealth Institute. Career development and support for female CEOs and executives. Upcoming events include a session with Rosabeth Moss Kanter of Harvard Business School, and the annual "Top 100 Women-Led Businesses" reception.
- Golden Seeds Boston. A group of female "angel" investors who take pitches and consider funding new start-ups, and also encourage women to become angel investors themselves. "Angel Investing 101" course coming up on November 10th.
- Ladies Who Launch Boston. Creates groups of 10 women "who each help one another take their projects, businesses, or ideas to a new place." Also, regular networking events. Another chapter serves Worcester.