Business your connection to The Boston Globe tax guide 2007
What's newFind a CPAFiling formsTax tips
What do I do if I forgot to file last year?

Q: I forgot to do my taxes last year. What do I do now? --Anonymous

The following answer was provided by Wesley Rickard, CPA, Quin, Rickard, Lipshires, & Grupp LLP, Norwood.

A: File now and pay the balance due with interest and penalties if applicable. If you don't file and are due a refund and wait two years from the time your tax was paid the IRS will deny your refund.
Ask a CPA Index
We have your answers
For tax questions and answers on everything from filing to real estate properties to healthcare, check out our "Ask a CPA" index by category.