"Most Frugal New Englander" brought to you by Boston.com (the "Promotion") - 2009 Official Rules and Regulations.
1. HOW IT WORKS: There is no purchase necessary to enter. Contest entrants must submit their name, contact info, photo and a 500 word or less description of their saving strategy.
2. SUBMISSION DATES: Submissions will be accepted beginning Monday, February 2, 2009 at 12:01 a.m. local time, Boston, MA and ending Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 5:00 p.m. local time, Boston, MA (the "Promotion Period"). One (1) winner will be selected. Winners may be notified by phone or email and will be required to satisfactorily complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability and, where legal, Publicity Release.
3. WHO MAY APPLY: Entrants must be legal residents of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and age eighteen (18) or older. The following are not eligible to participate or win a prize: employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Boston.com and The Boston Globe and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, licensees, web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and Promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Promotion, and any and all other companies associated with the Contest (collectively, the "Promotion Parties"), and the immediate family members of each (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse or "step" of each) and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Promotion).
4. HOW TO SUBMIT: Entrants may go to www.boston.com/spendingsmart and register to enter. They will follow on-screen instructions to upload their photo and 500 word description.
5. REQUIREMENTS: THERE IS A LIMIT OF ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PER ENTRY PERIOD. Photos must be submitted as a JPEG file that does not exceed 3MB.
Content cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity; Content cannot include or promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the aforementioned), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; Content cannot be obscene or offensive or endorse any form of hate or hate group; Content cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsors, or other products, people or companies; Content cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; Content cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission; Content cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; Content cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsors wish to associate; and Content cannot depict and cannot itself be in violation of any law or otherwise.
Entries containing prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by the Sponsors, in their sole discretion, will not be eligible for entry.
By submitting a photo, submitter hereby grants permission (without limiting any other rights granted hereunder) for his/her photo to be posted on Boston.com for viewing by visitors to the web site and any other use at Sponsors' discretion. Sponsors are not responsible for any unauthorized third party copy or use of photo. Sponsors do not guarantee the posting of photo.
Sponsor makes the final determination as to which Entries are eligible. Submission of an Entry grants Sponsors and their respective agents the unconditional right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such Entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the Entrant, whether or not such Entry is selected as a winning Entry. Entries not following these requirements will be considered void and will not be considered in this Promotion.
Sponsor will not be responsible for lost, late, forged, mass-reproduced or mass-transmitted, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete or illegible mail or entries and such entries are void; telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties, errors or failures in transmission or reception and/or any condition caused by events which may cause the contest to be disrupted or corrupted. By entering, you warrant that your submission is original and does not infringe the rights of any third party and you agree that submissions will become property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
6. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Entries must be submitted by February 22, 2009 at 5:00 pm. One (1) winner will be chosen at the discretion of Boston.com by February 26, 2009 at 5:00 pm. The winner will be chosen through an evaluation process of the Boston.com editorial department. Winner will be announced on February 27, 2009 by 5:00 PM EST.
7. DETAILS OF PRIZE: Winner of the contest will receive an historic; limited edition framed and matted Boston Globe of Barack Obama valued at $250.00.
If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsors reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify or terminate the Promotion or any part of the Promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. This Promotion is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, with venue in Middlesex County, Massachusetts, and all claims must be resolved in the federal or state courts located in Middlesex County, Massachusetts.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsors or Promotion Parties resulting from any user's participation in or attempt to participate in the Promotion or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Promotion. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsors or Promotion Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Promotion: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Promotion, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Promotion, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Promotion. Sponsors and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user's own risk. Sponsors and the Promotion Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Promotion, use of the Web Site or the download of any information from the Web Site. By participating in the Promotion, Entrant agrees to release and hold Sponsors and Promotion Parties harmless from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Entrant's participation in the Promotion. By accepting a prize in the Promotion, winners agree that the Sponsors and Promotion Parties shall not be liable for any damage, loss or injury resulting from, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, participation in the Promotion or from the receipt, acceptance or use of any prize or any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of any Prize.
WINNERS' LIST/RULES REQUEST: For winner names or Official Rules, send your request with a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked no later than February 18, 2009 specifying "Winner List" or "Rules Request" to: "Most Frugal New Englander " or "Rules Request", c/o Jenny Long, Boston.com, 135 Morrissey Boulevard, Boston, MA, 02125.