A cheat sheet on tipping dos and don'ts
With all that happens at events like weddings, giving gratuities might get overlooked. Farley offered these recommendations.
- Wait staff: 15 percent to 20 percent of the catering bill.
- Bartender: 10 percent of liquor bill.
- Coat room attendants: $1 per guest, paid by the host.
- Disc jockey: $50 to $100.
- Presiding official: Not required but not more than $100.
- Altar boys: $10 to $15.
- Wedding planner: $50 to $100. If it's for the planning firm's owner, don't tip.