< Back to Front Page Text size +

Hospital Brook is ailing in Milford

Posted by Ralph Ranalli July 6, 2007 11:53 AM


Town officials expect to learn next month whether the state Department of Environmental Protection will help fund repairs to ailing Hospital Brook.

The town is hoping to reconstruct the walls that create a channel for the brook, which runs behind the Milford Regional Medical Center. The walls are currently crumbling badly, according to Town Planner Larry Dunkin said.

Milford officials have applied for a grant from DEP that would cover 60 percent of the $500,000 repair project, Dunkin said. Town Meeting voters would have to approve paying the remaining 40 percent of the costs, he said.

Two other waterways in town, Godfrey Brook and and O'Brien Brook, are in a similar state, and officials are hoping to repair them in coming
years, according to Dunkin.

- Kyle Alspach

add your comment
Required (will not be published)

This blogger might want to review your comment before posting it.

About globe west updates Welcome to Globe West Updates, the news blog of the Globe West regional section of The Boston Globe. Check in with us often to see updated items about Boston's western suburbs from our staff reporters and correspondents. Give us your reaction to our stories in the print editions or on the blog by using the form below. Get involved with Globe West!