Highlighting the top performances from Tuesday's state tournament action:
Nicole D'Argento, Ashland softball: Sophomore right-hander hurls a no-hitter in the Clockers' Division 2 South 1-0 quarterfinal win over visiting Cardinal Spellman.
Kaitlin Andrews, Hudson softball: Junior right-hander tosses a three-hitter in Hawks' 8-0 Division 2 Central quarterfinal win over Bartlett.
Kristin Igoe, Framingham girls lacrosse: Senior attack nets 3 goals and 3 assists as defending Division 1 state champs registered their 47th straight win, defeating Reading 15-4 in a North semifinal.
Natalie Kerns, Lincoln-Sudbury lacrosse: Goalie made five saves in final four minutes as L-S pulled out 14-12 Division 1 semfinal win over Andover.
Mikhael Jette, Shrewsbury boys' lacrosse: Junior middie scores game-winner with 2:35 left as Colonials stun top-seeded St. John's in a Central Mass. semifinal.
Garrett Smith, St. John's baseball: Boston College-bound senior shortstop collects five hits and knocks in seven runs to power Pioneers to a 14-2 Division 1 Central quarterfinal win over visiting Tantasqua.
John Batter, Weston baseball: Senior right-hander allows two hits over six innings in Wildcats' 5-2 Division 3 North semifinal win over Winthrop.
Lauren Faro and Evann McGrory, Medfield girls' tennis: Newly-formed second doubles duo recorded straight set victory to lift Warriors to a 3-2 Division 2 South quarterfinal win over Norwell.
Kelly West and Kim Foley, Hopkinton girls' tennis: Second doubles tandem won deciding match 4-6, 6-3, 6-2 to clinch Division 2 South quarterfinal against Cape Cod Academy.
Kate Donovan, Wellesley girls' tennis: Senior captured final point in Raiders' 3-2 Division 1 South quarterfinal win over visiting Bridgewater-Raynham with a 1-6, 6-4, 7-5 victory.
WHAT'S ON TAP
A look at today's top tournament matchups:
* St. John's Prep vs. Natick boys' volleyball: Redmen will have plenty of motivation in tonight's state semifinal at Hudson High, trying to avenge last year's 3-2 state final loss, in which Natick let a 13-8 Game 3 lead slip away.
* Andover at Lincoln-Sudbury baseball: Top-seeded Warriors (20-1) rolled over Cambridge 22-0 in playoff opener, but Andover will be a tougher test in Division 1 North quarterfinal.
* Hopkinton baseball at Oliver Ames: After 1-0 opening-round win over Dighton-Rehoboth, Hillers hit the road for Easton in a Division 2 South quarterfinal.
* Wellesley vs. King Philip girls' lacrosse: Perennial powers clash in a Division 1 South semifinal in Franklin at 6:30.
* Westborough vs. St. John's boys' tennis: Rangers attempt to register their third win this spring against St. John's in a Division 1 Central semifinal.
* Algonquin baseball vs. Leominster: Defending Division 1 state champs take on Leominster in a Division 1 Central semifinal at Tivnan tonight at 7. That follows the Milford-St. John's matchup at 4.
-- Craig Larson
This blogger might want to review your comment before posting it.