A short-circuit in a classroom heater prompted fire officials to evacuate Mitchell Elementary School in Needham this morning.
Smoke and a bad smell kept children and teachers outside the Brookline Street building for about 30 minutes while firefighters examined the heater, said Needham Deputy Fire Chief Charles Rizzo.
A school nurse will evaluate the air quality in the affected classroom before children resume classes there, Rizzo said.
-- Erica Noonan
This blogger might want to review your comment before posting it.