Highlighting the top performances from Wednesday night's area state tournament action:
* Will Farrell, Franklin wrestling: Senior captain recorded a decisive 13-0 win at 130 pounds to lift the Panthers to a 33-29 win over Hockomock League rival and host North Attleboro in the Division 2 state dual meet semifinals. Franklin will face Greater Lawrence in Saturday's state final.
* Mike Gibson, Natick wrestling: Sophomore registered an impressive 8-6 overtime at 145 pounds in the Redmen's 35-32 loss at Greater Lawrence in Division 2 state dual meet semifinals.
* Carly O'Shaughnessy, Hopkinton basketball: Junior guard netted a team-high 19 points in a 45-42 loss to Mansfield in the Division 2 South semifinals.
WHAT'S ON TAP:
* Riding high after Tuesday night's upset at O'Bryant, the Wellesley boys' basketball team (16-7) takes on Nauset (16-6-) in a Division 2 South semifinal in Taunton at 7.
* The top-seeded Weston High boys' hockey team (18-1-2) faces Northeast/Malden (16-6) in a Division 3 North semifinal at Chelmsford Forum (8:15). NE/Malden knocked the Wildcats out of the tourney in the first round a year ago.
* The Medway boys' hockey team (16-2-4) meets top-seeded Norwell (18-3-1-) in a Division 3 South semifinal at Gallo Rink in Bourne at 7:45.
* The Franklin girls' hockey team (14-4-2) stays close to home, playing Wilmington (18-2-1) in a Division 2 quarterfinal at the Canton Rink on Route 138 at 6:30.
-- Craig Larson
This blogger might want to review your comment before posting it.