Highlighting the top performances from Wednesday night's state tournament action:
* Senior guard Alan Williams poured in 20 second-half points as the Framingham boys' basketball team stunned two-time defending state champ Newton North 62-59 in a Division 1 South first-round tournament game. It marked the Flyers first win over North in Mike Tarlin's eight years as head coach, spanning 16 games.
* Senior center Rachael Ogundiran collected 20 points and 20 rebounds to power the St. Mark's girls' basketball team to a 58-40 New England Prep Class C quarterfinal win over visiting St. George's.
* Weston High senior heavyweight Mike Conboy, wrestling for just the second time since January because of a shoulder injury, pinned Wayland's Herman Brito in the final match of the night to lift the Wildcats to a 27-21 win in the Division 3 Central dual meet final. Wayland was the defending D3 state champ.
WHAT'S ON TAP?:
* Check out three Division 1 Central boys' basketball quarterfinals tonight at 7: Westborough (15-6) takes the short ride to Shrewsbury to face St. John's (16-6), top-seeded Milford (19-2) hosts Doherty (13-8) and second-seeded Marlborough (17-3) hosts Wachusett (14-7). The Panthers fell to Wachusett 62-61 on Feb. 16.
* Riding high after its 111-102 four-overtime win at West Bridgewater on Tuesday night, the Marian boys' basketball team jumps on the bus again, playing at Mashpee in a Division 4 South quarterfinal.
* The Waltham girls' hockey team heads south to tangle with top-seeded Barnstable in a Division 2 first-round game.
* Both the Framingham High boys' (vs. Durfee, at Bourne)and girls' hockey teams (at Arlington Catholic) hit the road for tourney games.
-- Craig Larson
This blogger might want to review your comment before posting it.