|(CBS via AP)|
David Letterman’s top 10 regrets
10. Not waiting until sweeps week to do my on-air confessional.
9. Saying no to that request last year from “48 Hours’’ to do an interview segment.
8. Not moving the show years ago to Paris where no one cares about sex scandals.
7. Being so hard on Bill Clinton in the 90s.
6. Not finding a hobby such as car collecting like Jay Leno.
5. Giving monologue material away for free to other late-night hosts.
4. Turning down that three-way with Mike Wallace and Lesley Stahl.
3. Getting fooled by Paul Shaffer in drag.
2. Naming my production company Worldwide Pants Incorporated.
1. Telling all those Joe Halderman jokes at last year’s CBS Christmas party.
David Martin is a freelance writer in Ottawa.