HERE’S WHAT I am telling my representatives in Congress:
1. The rush to label CO2 as a pollutant or pass cap-and-trade legislation will hurt our nation’s economic recovery.
2. There no scientific evidence CO2 is a pollutant.
3. Higher CO2 concentrations help ecosystems support more plant and animal life.
4. As for the greenhouse effect that warms the earth, CO2 is not even close to being the most important of the greenhouse gases. Most of the greenhouse effect is due to water vapor, which is about 30 times as abundant in the atmosphere as CO2 and has a much larger greenhouse effect.
5. It has been proved that higher levels of CO2 result in more plant growth as well as less water being required for plants to grow faster and larger.
6. While CO2 accounts for less than 1 percent of the atmosphere, it’s essential to life on earth. We all exhale CO2 and enjoy it in our carbonated drinks.