March 24, 2010 Permalink

Haiti, 70 days later

In Haiti, the survivors of the magnitude 7.0 earthquake that struck about two and a half months ago continue to struggle, with a few signs of hope as international assistance is beginning to make measurable progress, some international debt is being forgiven, and some businesses and institutions start to come back to life. In a country still mourning the loss of a now-estimated 230,000 citizens (on par with the 2004 Indian Ocean quake), over one million people remain housed in makeshift tent cities, uncertain about their future or security. According to a recent draft summary of the Haitian government's damage and needs assessment, the country will need $11.5 billion to rebuild. Collected here are a handful of recent photographs from Haiti, a country still in need. (40 photos total)

A boy watches heavy equipment clear rubble from a destroyed church in Port-au-Prince, Haiti on February 27, 2010. (REUTERS/Carlos Barria)

In picture 2, whats that glow behind her. A fire or something? But beautiful pictures. It looks like Hati is slowly coming back.

Posted by Robert March 24, 10 01:09 PM

The quality of health care and standard of living is frightening. Makes me question why people over here in the US are always so pissed off. Total reality check.

Posted by Eugene March 24, 10 01:14 PM

#38 is classic!

Posted by Emon Hassan March 24, 10 01:15 PM

Man, these people are showing us all.
Life goes on.

Posted by Gloria March 24, 10 01:17 PM

Awsome timing @ nr 36.

Posted by Jeroen March 24, 10 01:23 PM

@Robert: Isn't it car lights?

Strong compilation of images, as usual!

Posted by Heimana March 24, 10 01:24 PM

The best is the 20 picture; she looks like a panther, really great composition and colors. Congratulations.

Posted by Neyla Román March 24, 10 01:48 PM

Seems to me the title "Haiti, 70 Days later" implies that the photos represent a snapshot in time, so to speak.

As compelling as the photos are, this set is not very honest, ranging back into mid February.

"Compelling photos you may have missed" would more accurately reflect this set.

Posted by Brandon March 24, 10 01:53 PM

@#32 - Dont ever think that little boy is any less affected by this than your little boy would be, just because he "grew up in a place like Haiti". He's a little boy. Period.

Posted by Mike Nardozzi March 24, 10 01:54 PM

#1 - I hope they won't rebuild those useless churches. There are much more important things to do to help the country.

Posted by michel_R March 24, 10 01:55 PM

Note to self - If I ever visit Haiti, try not to get involved in a game of dominoes.

Posted by ron kouba March 24, 10 02:07 PM

#22 That guy knows how to wear a suit!

Posted by Thomas March 24, 10 02:28 PM

This is a first class documentary story by Nathan Webber that may well be of interest to folks coming here…

Posted by JonnyT March 24, 10 02:29 PM

For the guy in #34.
Quote from Demotivators calendar
"Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win or quit are idiots."

Posted by mikey March 24, 10 02:35 PM

#36 Awesome timing

Posted by Swadhin March 24, 10 03:15 PM

Hope God bless Haiti...

Posted by Miguel Matos March 24, 10 04:18 PM

@Robert: I was wondering the same thing. It looks like almost like a smalll electrical explosion.
@Mike Nardozzi: So true. But I can tell you as a teenager growing up in New Orleans, you grow accustomed to it. I was 11 when Katrina struck, and since then it's been part of my day to day to see the destruction of that. The water lines. The abandoned neighborhoods and houses. The friends who don't live here any more. And God knows the construction left all over the city. It doesn't make it any less tragic, by any means, in fact it makes it more tragic. That little boy will grow up knowing nothing but this.

Posted by Katie March 24, 10 04:21 PM

These pictures break my heart but they are amazing pieces of work. Very well done.

Posted by Lola March 24, 10 04:22 PM

Epic fail on the churches comment. Who exactly do you think is doing most of the work down there, pre- and post earthquake? The people who call those churches home, that's who. Get a clue before you shoot your mouth off next time. Will add that the photographs are nice, but maybe you need to get a bit more educated about voodoo before you paint it in any sympathetic light.

Posted by Marshall March 24, 10 04:52 PM

@16 Either there is a god, and clearly he's not loving many people, or, simpler, there is none (which makes more sense,, as there is no evidence).

Posted by michel_R March 24, 10 05:08 PM

@ comment 10. It's to the people there to decide what they want; regardless of how useful you think churches are they have a right to chose what's important to them. I've done aid work in Africa and I've had people tell me that the quality of life in their village would be more improved by quality soccer equipment than a new well. It may seem backwards to some of us, but that's not the point.

Posted by Kyle March 24, 10 05:58 PM

No words...

Posted by MArie March 24, 10 06:07 PM

I would have a LOT more respect for those that follow any particular religious teachings if they showed ANY respect for those that don't follow their particular religion.

People find hope and comfort in myriad ways; whatever works for them, works for them. So hearing about a "Christian" mob attacking "Voodooists" in the course of their ceremony for earthquake victims is extremely disheartening.

Posted by Martin Levenson March 24, 10 07:48 PM

It makes you weep and know how lucky you are to live in a good country like Canada and the USA!

Posted by kelly March 24, 10 08:33 PM

17 is surely Pulitzer material, what?

Posted by John Godwin March 24, 10 08:33 PM

there is no comment for this..great photos but it made me cry...so sad...especially 23 and 32...ahhh

Posted by Dragana Serbia March 24, 10 09:10 PM

These people are so beautiful and valuable. Bashing the Lord or the Church doesn't show that you care about these people.. it shows that you are bitter.. at suffering.. about not being in control.. about being helpless. But you are not in control. That is reality. There is a God that is in control and that breaks us through suffering so that we see our need for Him, because he values us and these people more than you or I ever could.

This is a reminder of our fleeting time on this Earth. And it is a time for us to love on people in need.
To the blogger: I am looking for powerful pictures like these to use in a mixed media dance work about Haiti that I am choreographing for a highschool dance team. Can you help me?

Posted by Raechel March 24, 10 09:49 PM

All those who were here during the earthquake have left a part of themselves under these rubbles. And properly seen the sense of the word dignity in a country that is always pictured as a chaotic mess.
To Ayiti Chérie.

Posted by Jules March 24, 10 10:36 PM

i am so sad

dont give up Haití

Posted by Julio Morales March 24, 10 10:39 PM

In #35: a SKULL?? FOR REAL???

Posted by Dan March 24, 10 11:36 PM

beautiful - the tragedy & resiliency that life can hold. These pictures are a great reminder of this, and that we all call earth home. My heart goes out to all who have been affected by this.

Posted by Katherine March 24, 10 11:46 PM

Holy cow... has it really been that long already? Still so much to do...

Posted by Sugar Jones March 25, 10 12:43 AM

"Hotpoint", Thanks BG
:o)

Posted by michael March 25, 10 02:27 AM

Please, please, you god believers (be it voodoo, christians, or big-pile-of-turtles-all-the-way-down), your beliefs are an insult to reason, science, and progress of manhood. Praying or whatever hand-waiving is *not* caring for this people - what they need is money and physical help, real machines made by scientists and engineers, do you understand? Maybe praying is good for you, but does nothing for them. And again, if you bring your "god" in the discussion, you are supposed to come with some evidence (I mean real things, not whatever has been put in your brain by force) - the charge of the proof is on your side.

Posted by michel_R March 25, 10 04:11 AM

@21: you're right, it's up to them to decide what they need; but we can still help them do efficient things, like real education and good science e.g. how to make quake-proof buildings - so far, religion has a very poor record at that...

Posted by michel_R March 25, 10 04:12 AM

#34 Love it ^^

Posted by wulan March 25, 10 06:02 AM

OMG! Picture 36 is amazing!!

Posted by Federico Gauffin March 25, 10 06:07 AM

#36

i cant imagine what perfect timing this photoshot!!

Posted by Dennis March 25, 10 07:49 AM

#35 looks like that skull is really old. What is going on in this wild wild country!? Death seems to be the only constant there.

Posted by TonyG LBCA March 25, 10 07:54 AM

Brandon is right.
You could have picked a more appropriate title for this collection.

Posted by Adriana March 25, 10 08:27 AM

We cannot know the present in Haiti through media here...Hope everything gonna be better and all people will replace the daily life as soon as possible.

Posted by Kaori_Tokyo March 25, 10 10:16 AM

Such a reality check-I look out my window and thank God for what I see! No more complaing for me-not today, anyhow.

Posted by Joan March 25, 10 10:21 AM

So much sadness in some of the pictures however in some them (34, 36, 40) you can see hope and a brighter future for those who refuse to let calamity and other bad timing put them down... I pray to God to keep his spirit hovering over Haiti and protecting his beloved children... God bless the Haitians!!!!!!

Posted by Tasha March 25, 10 10:29 AM

Some people always have somthing negative to say. The question is, what have you done to help????? I love the photos ,they are awesome!!!! Great job!!!!!

Posted by chaunda white March 25, 10 10:29 AM

Picture 24 takes my heart away....what is more important...to save the person or to publish the snap...Ethics....!!!!!
Amazing snaps....bring out the reality....untouched...unabridged...natural...unadjusted....

Posted by Amardeep Singh March 25, 10 10:35 AM

We cant forget that this will take years to bring back any kind of normality to a country who already had nothing or at least very little. We cannot forget...

Posted by pl March 25, 10 11:03 AM

wow that got me cryn

Posted by Anonymous March 25, 10 11:03 AM

Interesting how most of the comments here are about the pictures and not the actual content and how haiti is doing and such.

Posted by Ergy March 25, 10 11:04 AM

aint see any mention of # 23, Man, that pic really bit me, poor boy, i can't express in letters what my heart feels at seeing this pic, God Bless Haiti and it's Childrens,

Posted by Adrian March 25, 10 12:37 PM

# 35 is that skull caused by the earthquake??

can't be, right? takes at least a year before human flesh is gone

Posted by Maarten March 25, 10 01:06 PM

These pictures all break my heart. #32 just makes me freakin angry.

Posted by Prudence March 25, 10 01:12 PM

photo #40 is fantastic! :-0

Posted by redarrow March 25, 10 01:17 PM

# 34 even though you don't believe in God he believes and you and still loves you more than you could ever know. Peace be with you

Posted by Joshua March 25, 10 01:51 PM

I was in Haiti for three weeks Feb 15-Mar8. I saw much of this first hand. I'm proud of these people. But their only hope is Jesus Christ not voodoo and not America...

Posted by Dave Van Wingerden March 25, 10 01:59 PM

@34 and any other non-believers...

In between helping (through donations or physically working on site or elsewhere) prayer is more than likely welcome by the people of Haiti. There aren't too many athiests down there. They believe in God even if it is perverted through voodoo. I'll even pray for you since you seem so bitter and jaded. I'll pray that God will open your heart. You may volunteer and give freely of yourself, but I say to you that no matter what you do, if you have not love then you are nothing. (Corinthians 13).

I see God in the pictures of those who endure and in those who volunteer countless hours helping. The Isreali teams are some of the best in the world and it isn't through denial of God that they are so strong. Your hardened heart doesn't help anyone. Yes, the "Church" has always had its' problems of corruption since it is run by man who are not perfect, but God's Grace can not be corrupted.

I am the father of 3, one of whom is severely disabled and needs my wife and I 24 hours a day. I didn't curse God when she was born. I reeled quite a bit and then picked myself up and asked God for the strength to care for her for her entire life and for the strength of my family. Most of the doctors we encounter in keeping her alive and healthy also believe and can see God in our actions and our love of this helpless child. Giving up my anger and stress and heartache to God allows me to focus on the works that I can do with the gifts that He has given me. The evidence is in the peacefulness of those who endure hardships with as much dignity and grace as they can muster. You will never understand if you act as the pharises of old and demand proof! He is not a magician who will "poof" and make it all better. The proof is in the response of us not in any slight of hand.

Yes, I do enjoy the modern technology at my fingertips and I thank God every day for the intelligence that He has blessed humanity with that enabled us to be innovative in positive ways and not just in destructive ways.
Even great scientific minds aren't as filled with hatred and vehemence towards God. Descartes, Pascal, Newton, Einstein to name just a few all believed in God and each contributed greatly to science. I thank God for them all. Belief in God does not mean disdain for our minds and our abilities! Belief in God and offers of prayer in a forum such as this don't hurt anyone and only rile the non-believers who have filled that empty place not with God but with fear and hatred and bitterness.
I know this may fall on deaf ears and I am not a theologian and I don't often post or read every comment so I most likely won't see your reply.
I think you (any athiests) should find an evangelical church and go with an open mind and heart and see who can match your rebuttal at each and every turn. Maybe you will soften or maybe you are not meant to.
God Bless you.

Belief in God amounts to great potential gain and no potential loss. Not believing in God means great potential loss and no potential gain.

Oh, and thanks for the pictures BP! There is always hope amid despair.

ways.

Posted by Andrew S. March 25, 10 02:10 PM

@ 53
that's all you do, believe, imagine.... you don't know what you are talking about, just suppose....

Posted by juancs March 25, 10 02:31 PM

I wish I could help :'(

Posted by Alona March 25, 10 02:52 PM

Just having gotten back from haiti myself, some of these pictures bring tears to my eyes. And yes, life does go on.

Posted by Pascal Antoine March 25, 10 03:33 PM

desde republica dominicana. Que pena me da. Si tan solo pudieramos hacer mas. y Creo que si podemos.

Posted by carmelo March 25, 10 03:39 PM

@55 Thank you for posting that. Christians are very misunderstood, mostly thought of as ignorant and stupid trusting in this unknown thing. You said it well. Christians certainly are not perfect. God said the greatest commandment is to love him, so why wouldn't we do so? And he also said to love your neighbor as yourself, meaning if you love God with your whole being, we are to love others with our whole being. We are sinful by nature (not good by nature) so lean to that bad nature without truth guiding us. And yes, I know those who do not have faith in God would say truth is relative to your circumstances, but this is the greatest lie of our time. Truth is truth. It cannot be anything else. It would be like calling black white. Black is black! White is white!

Everyone know that "church" is fallible. Man is fallible. Because we are sinful, the things we produce are fallible. But love only comes from God. God's love surpasses understanding (Ephesians 3:19). Know that Christians strive (or should) to show love the way God shows love for us, by sacrificing Himself.

Prayer works and is REAL (I have seen proof of this hundreds of times). I will continue praying for Haiti and for those Christians who are there to turn the other cheek and pray for those who persecute them.

Anyway, I'm probably speaking to deaf ears. Without faith you will not understand this. Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

Posted by Corey March 25, 10 03:57 PM

om i feel so bad for these people

Posted by brittany March 25, 10 04:33 PM

They seem so beautiful even after all they have been through. I wish the picture could diminish their pain as it gives us a thousand words. S

Posted by Anonymous March 25, 10 06:10 PM

Thanks for the updated photos of Haiti. It has certainly dropped off the news cycle. We should not forget. It will be a long and weary road to recovery as it will also be for Chile (which is also not front and center in the news now). It is good to see the hope amid the despair. There is always food for thought here at The Big Picture. I can laugh and cry and gasp and cheer from picture to picture!

God Bless the survivors and the volunteers! Thanks @55 and @60 for unflinching faith. We are attacked relentlessly these days.

Posted by Ezekiel Lewis March 25, 10 06:59 PM

Even viewing these remarkable pictures it's still
comprehend such destruction and suffering. Such stoic and brave people.
Amidst all the rubble they manage to keep their bodies and clothing clean!
I fervently wish I could help even one small child or one elderly person.

Posted by Edna F. Messinger March 25, 10 08:15 PM

That child on pic 32 really shows the size of such tragedy that occurred there and the huge human neglect that they are suffering at this point.

Posted by Gabriel Lodi March 25, 10 10:16 PM

Wow ! Those pictures show the strength of the Haitian people . I have big hope that we will overcome this tragedy!

Posted by Denise March 25, 10 10:32 PM

What a beautiful witness, @55 and 60. If your witness brings to faith one person who was destined to live eternity in hell, then good has indeed come through all of the destruction from this earthquake. The suffering of these people is horrible - but not half of what the suffering of an eternity in hell would be.

Posted by Marilyn March 26, 10 12:04 AM

If you are going to show a picture of a child (#32) please do not endanger his safety by putting such detailed information in the caption. Use some discretion, please.

Posted by concerned reader March 26, 10 01:34 AM

amaizing photography. it take's r breath away. #24 and #33 are my favourite

Posted by raul ursu March 26, 10 06:21 AM

#23
Sad picture

Posted by ali March 26, 10 06:21 AM

Oh... my Haiti cherie. How I love you. I mourn with you I cry for you. I'm still praying that the Holy spirit will be Hoverring over Haiti keep the Haitians warm at night and cool by day that they will have more than enough. May the Lord protect you from everything. The Holy spirit comfort you, the blood of Jesus cover you like a blanket protecting you from every deasis. The dust and the mud and the rain will not harm you. The smell of death you will not smell because you fell the presens of the Holly Spirit and the sweet arroma he brings. You will be phsically and mentally stable he will lift up your heads, in Jesus name. God Bless Haiti.

Posted by Marie Ortince March 26, 10 09:44 AM

All of these comments and yet not one about the woman who was raped in the night by three men. My heart breaks for her more than anyone else. Why is it that women and children are always the first to be targeted in the midst of crises? Don't people realize that women and children are our future?

Posted by Jenny March 26, 10 11:11 AM

The best photo essay on Haiti I've since since the quake. Hats off to whoever compiled it.

Posted by Mel March 26, 10 12:21 PM

They still need our help and a lot of it. If you have not donated yet, do it now. If you have already donated, do it again.

Posted by Jerry March 26, 10 02:07 PM

36...Lucky shot.

Posted by Kyle March 26, 10 02:29 PM

A "christian" mob attacking..anything what a contrdiction in terms

Posted by Lisa March 26, 10 03:42 PM

Lovely shots. I'm speechless. GBU

Posted by Luiz Paulo Monteiro March 26, 10 05:55 PM

These are excellent pictures. I pray that all those that have commented on this article make an effort to keep Haiti alive. It was beyond sad to see, feel, smell and smell the aftermath of this catastrophe. I occasionally wonder if God is looking down on Haiti and saying "damn, I think I went too far".

There are long term plans for Haiti, as President Clinton (a long time supporter of Haiti) said; do we want to rebuild it as it was - or do we want to re-create a new Haiti?

Though education, economic stimulus, and new building codes are paramount; we need to make sure that Haiti does not become victim of political or commercial looting.

The decentralization of Port au Prince is an ambitious plan however the idea of developing the outer areas of the countries will require not just international aide, but the guidance and assistance of many volunteers.

I am hoping that those who dialed 9099 (or whatever that text number was to the Red Cross) don't become complacent. Haiti has a 5-10 year plan on its hands and though there will be huge business opportunities for businesses around the world, it is up to us to expose those government officials and private interests(companies and individuals) to serious international scrutiny.

If you are interested in volunteering in Haiti, please feel free to contact us: relief@FlightToCrisis.org

Thank you for your time and consideration. PLEASE keep blogging and reporting about Haiti!

Posted by Laz Pujol March 26, 10 07:23 PM

Ce sont de magnifiques photos ...beautiful pictures ...
Michèle, France

Posted by Michèle March 27, 10 06:00 PM

#30 is perfect.

Posted by José Carlos Costa March 27, 10 06:42 PM

Are they forgotten already.

Posted by Art March 28, 10 04:47 PM

Arriba Haiti, a ponerse de pie, hay que secar las lagrimas y poner manos a la obra.
un cariñoso saludo desde Chile

Posted by gonzalo March 28, 10 08:52 PM

Brandon, the last feature on Haiti was posted on February 1, so I think these are all pictures that have been taken since then. Playing catch up, sort of. Not exactly a snapshot in time (although a year from now, or ten, that may be debatable.)

Posted by rigmarole March 29, 10 04:27 PM

These picture are as beautiful as a sunset, setting for the first time. The pictures show that life is a gift, a beautiful gift.

Posted by wiki March 30, 10 04:52 PM

These picture give me shivers throughout my whole body. Showing life in the darkest of times. Showing our world. With anger and sadness were these amazing people have to deal with. No way to out run it, like air in your face, following through you lungs. No way. As they struggle like babies taking their first steps. No one to catch them if they fall. But a hopeful future in their life. As its just the beginning.

Posted by Wiki March 30, 10 10:23 PM

@55 THANK YOU
@34 I believe god is very real and powerful. I also believe that as mankind we chose to expose ourselves to "evil" (for lack of a better word) and what we do in the face of it is what makes us great. It is the true test of our character. Whats not so great is people telling us that our faith is "insulting." Don't ram your thoughts down my throat and I wont ram mine down yours. You obviously see the "Church" as god but you have to understand that the church you see is just man. God is probably completely misunderstood by most, especially some churches. Christian organizations do so much in the face of a disaster such as this, and what they do is certainly helped by science and machines, why is it that the two don't go together in your head? I hope one day you soften your heart.

To the photographers...amazing wok, thank you for showing this!

Posted by Kelly March 30, 10 10:42 PM

De tout coeur avec mes frères et soeurs en humanité, je vous embrasse, grand-maman Dorris

Posted by dorris Feekes March 31, 10 03:57 AM

:( that is sad

Posted by kelly March 31, 10 02:41 PM

what a sad sad place. i will pray for them! Good luck hati!! :( how sad!

Posted by Kelsey March 31, 10 02:45 PM

This makes me wonder why the U.S thinks we have it bad.

Posted by Matt March 31, 10 08:35 PM

Sad,

#36 is fantastic.

Posted by Maltesh March 31, 10 11:27 PM

The Sadness is here, but love is always stronger (Pictures 38)

Posted by nathanael havet April 1, 10 11:06 AM

I'm so sad.....

Posted by ronna April 1, 10 11:19 AM

@Marshall (Comment 19) So because they believe in voodoo they don't deserve our sympathy? Typical hypocritical "Christian".

Posted by Adrienne April 1, 10 12:00 PM

Apesar de. Vive-se.

Posted by henrique April 2, 10 10:20 AM

man, i remember putting the guy in pic 24 in the back of my Humvee and taking him to the red cross

Posted by LT Lewis April 3, 10 04:52 PM

I'm just back from 7 weeks Porte-au-Prince and I see pictures that are showing the painful reality and it still hurts me when I think about the thinks I saw.
And it's ok to show that misery and the needs of the country but what I miss on these pictures is the energy of these people and their smiles. The Haitians I met are strong people and I don't know if it is because of their faith but their believing in God and Jesus gives them the strength to move on and I have a lot of respect for that.
Look at picture 40: revalidation, trying and moving on.
They all want to move on, they only need help to rebuilt everything.

Posted by Laurence April 6, 10 04:39 PM

The Nature is not fair.

Posted by Rahul Priyadarshi April 7, 10 01:19 AM

picture #4, their getting 3.8+ billion dollars to rebuild their so called homes. From what i see they need to raze it, burn it, hual it away. Then build a earthquake,hurricane proof high rise for what 10 million dollars. Why is it that when people/governments get money for free, that they just want to spend and don,t care squat for quality, ie: you get what you pay for. I feel that if our government is going to give them an unwritten check then there needs to be binders attached and make sure they are followed up on.

Posted by jerry bishop April 9, 10 01:00 AM

I simply cannot ever understand what the people are going through in these pictures. Their cries are so strong i can practically see it through the pics. this is the saddest situation that anyone looking at these pics can ever perceive. this should be a lesson learned./ do not take life for granted. do not believe in too many material things in life. its good to give to others throughout your life. this could have been anywhere in the world. this could of been where you live. there is no room for criticizing here. Become aware of the human conditions around you and throughout the world.

Posted by Lula April 10, 10 03:33 PM

I find it disgraceful that Christians attacked the Voodooists, and I'm christian. Where in he bible does it say kill those of different religions and destroy their crafts

Posted by Alex April 12, 10 01:08 AM

unpueblo marcado Por El Dolor

Posted by Miguel Del Carpio April 16, 10 11:00 AM

Incredible photos!!!

Posted by Marian Pislaru May 11, 10 04:02 AM

Today I was remembering the people of Haiti and after viewing pictures of the ruined town and seeing the people and the dismay that they now have to live with, continues to make me sad the humans must go through so much sadness, even after living lives that are already hard. But yes the people are survivors and are here to show us that life goes on and must continue. What other option do we have, either dig yourself a hole and jump in and throw the dirt on top or go on living and striving for a better or simply just a simple life. I pray for all people around the world and continue to wish that we all will live ha[[ier lives today, tomorrow and in the future.

Posted by Mron June 3, 10 11:42 AM

It's still heartbreaking.
My nation has fallen.
My heart still is wounded as is my nation.
Do not hate on God for this destruction, this is meant to be.
Look at Haiti's history of government.
Blame the corruption in the politics, if we had very little my nation would be as great as the Westerns.
Instead, we are merely begging for international donations.
Perhaps God wants us to start over, create the Haiti that Toussaint imagined.
Independent, wealthy, and united.
Live strong my brothers and sisters.
I shall join you soon in August, and witness this wound in person.
Love you my nation, love you my people.
Trust in Him, and we will find the light in this disaster.

Posted by Marie L June 25, 10 02:39 AM

this photo is very deep and beauty....

Posted by javadansari October 13, 10 11:53 AM