|June 20, 2008|
Hi there, another short note from the author, just a few things.
1) You may have noticed that there are very few advertisements on The Big Picture. We are hoping to preserve the current format, and run the blog as a sponsored feature.
2) Next week, The Big Picture will shift to 3-times a week. Daily can be fun, but it'll burn me out very fast. I know I mentioned this before, but there have been many thousands of new visitors since then (you are all awesome).
3) Links! Until I get a proper blogroll running, here's a short list of some great photojournalism sites out there:
- Reuters Photographer Blogs some awesome stories behind the photos
- Getty Images News Blog some more stories behind the images
- World Press Photo Interviews video interviews with the photographers behind last year's award winners
- A Photo Editor blog by Rob Haggart, former Director of Photography for Men's Journal and Outside Magazine
- Best Seat in the House Photography, sports and life as seen through the lens of Seattle Times photographer Rod Mar
[edit, adding one more link]
I can't believe I forgot to post this one as well - Another like-minded blog in the Boston.com family, Long Jaunt. LJ is a travelogue/blog documenting a trip around the world, put together by my friend and co-worker Thushan Amarasiriwardena, and his two partners Michael Kurtz and Brian Rogers. They started in Central America last December, and have now made it as far as Sri Lanka, give it a look. Browse entries and photos by regular blog format, or calendar dates.