When news broke of Osama bin Laden's death Sunday night, most Boston viewers tuned into WHDH-TV (Channel 7) for an NBC special report by Brian Williams. The newscast drew 277,000 total viewers between 10:45 p.m. and midnight. The report ranked 14th for the week of most watched primetime programs and tied with another NBC program "The Voice" which drew 274,000 local viewers. Also of note but not listed below: ABC's "Body of Proof" (which was filmed throughout Providence last fall) ranked 12th with 295,000 viewers.
Here's a look at the most watched programs in Boston for the week of April 25 to May 1st.
1. NESN Boston Bruins playoffs 534,000 total viewers
2. NESN Bruns playoffs 526,000
3. WCVB:ABC Dancing with The Stars 496,000
4. WFXT:FOX Amreican Idol 488,000
5. WFXT:FOX American Idol 409,000
6. WCVB:ABC Dancing with the Stars (results) 386,000
7. WBZ:CBS 60 Minutes 353,000
8. WCVB:ABC Grey's Anatomy 348,000
9. NESN Bruins (overtime) 335,000
10. NESN Major League Baseball 313,000
10. WFXT:FOX GLEE 309,000
source: Nielsen Media Research
compiled by Johnny Diaz, Globe Staff
About Viewer Discretion
ContributorsKatie McLeod is Boston.com's features editor.
Rachel Raczka is a producer for Lifestyle and Arts & Entertainment at Boston.com.
Emily Wright is an Arts & Entertainment producer at Boston.com.
Sarah Rodman is a TV and music critic for the Boston Globe.
Meghan Colloton is a Things to Do and Arts & Entertainment producer at Boston.com.
Michael Brodeur is the assistant arts editor for the Boston Globe, covering pop music, TV, and nightlife.