Last Sunday's Super Bowl XLV scored 2.5 million viewers in Boston - up from last year's 2.4 million. Nationally, the game broke TV ratings record drawing 111 million total viewers, again also up from last year's 106 million.
The Wisconsin Green Bay Packers' win also helped deliver a whopping local audience for Fox's "Glee" which followed the game with 465,000 viewers. Overall, WFXT-TV (Channel 25) was the big winner for the week thanks to the game and "American Idol" but WBZ, the CBS affiliate, had some high-ranking comedies and dramas as well. Not listed below: WHDH's most watched show was NBC's The Office (#14 with 242,000 viewers). Here's a look at the most watched shows in Boston for the week of Jan. 31 - Feb. 6.
1. Fox25: Super Bowl (6:30-10:15 p.m.) 2.5 million total viewers
2. Fox25: Super Bowl post game 1.2 million viewers
3. Fox25: American Idol (Wed.) 663,000
4. Fox25: American Idol (Thurs) 541,000
5. Fox25: Glee (Super Bowl show) 465,000
6. WBZ: NCIS 440,000
7. WBZ: NCIS: Los Angeles 353,000
8. WBZ: The Big Bang Theory 306,000
9. WCVB: Grey's Anatomy 300,000
10. WBZ: The Good Wife 273,000
source: The Nielsen Co.
compiled by Johnny Diaz, Globe Staff Writer
About Viewer Discretion
ContributorsKatie McLeod is Boston.com's features editor.
Rachel Raczka is a producer for Lifestyle and Arts & Entertainment at Boston.com.
Emily Wright is an Arts & Entertainment producer at Boston.com.
Sarah Rodman is a TV and music critic for the Boston Globe.
Meghan Colloton is a Things to Do and Arts & Entertainment producer at Boston.com.
Michael Brodeur is the assistant arts editor for the Boston Globe, covering pop music, TV, and nightlife.