As the season ends for "American Idol," the talent show continues to grow like a ratings monster in The Hub where it has been averaging more than half a million total viewers. Baseball and basketball continue to score well in ratings as well as CBS's cadre of crime procedurals for the week of May 4-10. ABC's "Grey's Anatomy" was last week's most watched drama for the network. No NBC shows made the top 30 list. Also of note: Bruins' playoffs came in #17 with 259,000 viewers and #22 with 244,000 on NESN.
1. WFXT: FOX American Idol (Tues.) 527,000 total viewers
2. WFXT: FOX American Idol (Wed.) 521,000
3. NESN: Major League Baseball (Tues) 431,000
4. WBZ:CBS The Mentalist 428,000
5. WBZ:CBS Two and A Half Men 407,000
6. ESPN: Major League Baseball 391,000
7. TNT: NBA Playoffs 358,000
7. WBZ:CBS NCIS 356,000
9. NESN: Major League Baseball 336,000
10. WCVB: ABC Grey's Anatomy 303,000
11. WBZ:CBS Rules of Engagement 290,000
12. WCVB:ABC Dancing with the Stars 285,000
13. WFXT:FOX 24 279,000
13. WBZ:CBS CSI:NY 279,000
15. WBZ:CBS Without A Trace 271,000
source: Nielsen Media Research
compiled by Johnny Diaz, Globe Staff
About Viewer Discretion
ContributorsKatie McLeod is Boston.com's features editor.
Rachel Raczka is a producer for Lifestyle and Arts & Entertainment at Boston.com.
Emily Wright is an Arts & Entertainment producer at Boston.com.
Sarah Rodman is a TV and music critic for the Boston Globe.
Meghan Colloton is a Things to Do and Arts & Entertainment producer at Boston.com.
Michael Brodeur is the assistant arts editor for the Boston Globe, covering pop music, TV, and nightlife.