Boston Ballet Weekly Sweepstakes
Online Entry Only
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
1. ELIGIBILITY. This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of Massachusetts who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Employees and their immediate families (parent, child, spouse or sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related of Sponsor and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter or win.
2. TIMING. The Sweepstakes period begins at 12:01 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on November 10, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on December 18, 2013 and consists of six (6) individual Sweepstakes and a separate entry period (Entry Period) and drawing date for each Sweepstakes as indicated in the chart below.
3. ENTRY. Visit www. www.boston.com/nutcracker (the Website) during the individual Entry Period and complete and submit an official entry form for that individual Sweepstakes (Entry). All Entries must be received by the Entry End Date and time indicated in the chart to be eligible for that Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) Entry per person/email address for the duration of each Entry Period (Entry Limit). Entries received from any person or e-mail address in excess of the Entry Limit will be ineligible and void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void.Entry
Entry Start Date/Period
12:01 pm (ET)
1 11/10/2013 11/15/2013 11/18/2013
2 11/17/2013 11/22/2013 11/25/2013
3 11/24/2013 11/29/2013 12/02/2013
4 12/01/2013 12/06/2013 12/09/2013
5 12/08/2013 12/13/2013 12/16/2013
6 12/15/2013 12/18/2013 12/20/2013
Non-winning Entries will not be included in any subsequent Entry Periods drawing. Those that entered during all Entry Periods (1 through 5) but were not selected as a winner will be included in the Grand Prize drawing for Entry Period 6. You must create a separate Entry for each individual Sweepstakes. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
4. DRAWING. One (1) potential winner (Potential Winner) will be selected by Sponsor in a random drawing to be held on or about the date indicated in the above noted chart from all eligible Entries received by Sponsor during that Sweepstakes Entry Period. Drawing for Entry Period number 6 (the Grand Prize drawing) will include those that entered during Entry Period 6 as well as those that entered all Entry Periods 1 through 5, but were not selected to win a prize.
5. ODDS/NOTIFICATION. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received during that Sweepstakes Entry Period. Potential Winners will be notified by mail, phone, and/or e-mail and before being declared an official winner (Official Winner) Sponsor may require that Potential Winner execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release within three (3) days of the date on the notice. If such documents are not completed and returned within the specified time period, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Potential Winner and at Sponsors sole discretion, an alternate winner will be selected, if time permits.
6. PRIZES. The following prizes will be awarded:
Week Prize Description Prize Approximate Retail Value
1 Backstage tour (valued at $250.00) and 2 tickets to the Boston Ballets performance of Nutcracker on 11/29/2013 - $210.00
2 A $200.00 gift card to a Sponsor selected clothing store for party attire and 2 tickets to the Boston Ballets performance of Nutcracker on 11/29/2013 - $210.00
3 A bag containing merchandise from the Boston Ballet Gift Shop (valued at $250.00) and 2 tickets to the Boston Ballets performance of Nutcracker on 12/06/2103 - $210.00
4 Two (2) one-day ski passes (valued at $300) and 2 tickets to the Boston Ballets performance of Nutcracker on 12/13/2013 - $210.00
5 Nutcracker Sugar Plum Tea at the Ritz (valued at $150.00), a $100 gift card and 2 tickets to the Boston Ballets performance of Nutcracker on 12/27/2013 - $210.00
6 Grand Prize: One night stay at the Ritz Carlton (1 room, quad occupancy) of Sponsors choice (valued at $1,000.00), a $200.00 gift card to a restaurant of Sponsors choice and 4 tickets to the Boston Ballets performance of Nutcracker on 12/28/2013 - $500.00
Tickets and gift cards are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified thereon. Seat locations will be determined by Sponsor. Winner and guest must comply with all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion of his/her prize. In the event Sponsor is unable to provide tickets as indicated, no compensation or substitution will be provided in lieu thereof; however, the remainder of prize will be awarded and Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner. Prizes are awarded as is with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer prizes or redeem prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. All prize details are at Sponsors sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per household.
7. PUBLICITY GRANT. Each winner, by acceptance of prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor and its designees to use his/her name, address (city and state) and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval, or additional consideration.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS/RESTRICTIONS. Winner and his/her guest(s) must be willing to sign any legal documents that may be required by Sponsor. Except as indicated in the prize, all meals, taxes, gratuities, insurance, bag check fees, parking fees, laundry service, food, alcoholic beverages, incidentals (including mini-bar), phone charges, merchandise, souvenirs and other expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules are solely the responsibility of the winner. Grand Prize winner must comply with all hotel check-in requirements, including, but not limited to, the presentation of a major credit card. Sponsor is not responsible for any mechanical difficulties or failure connected with any prize, or any act or omission whatsoever. In the event that a prize notification is returned as undeliverable or Potential Winner chooses not to accept his/her prize, or is unable to be notified, an alternate Potential Winner will be randomly selected from all of the remaining eligible Entries, if time permits. Any unclaimed and/or unused prize element will be forfeited by the winner and will remain the property of Sponsor. In the event the winner and/or his or her guest engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the prize or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part with no further obligation to winner or guest.
9. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited, your acceptance of a prize in the Sweepstakes constitutes your consent for Sponsor to use your name, likeness, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, without further payment or consideration.
10. RELEASE. By receipt of any prize, you agree to indemnify Sponsor and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising, agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parents and affiliate companies and each such companys officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the Released Parties) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claims or causes of action of any kind, that Released Parties may incur in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of your participation in the Sweepstakes or from your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsors reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. No more than the stated number of prizes in these official rules will be awarded. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or who acts in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
12. WARNING. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsors failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. LIMITED LIABILITY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, by printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited, to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related matter or materials; or (5) any injury or damage to you or to other persons or property which may be caused from your participation in the Sweepstakes and/or your downloading of any materials related to this Sweepstakes. If for any reason your Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, your sole remedy is another Entry in the Sweepstakes.
14. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, by participating, you agree that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate Massachusetts State Court located in Boston, Massachusetts; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for and you hereby waive all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or your and Sponsors rights and obligations in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Massachusetts.
16. WINNER LIST. For an additional copy of these Official Rules or winners name available for 30 days after the drawing, send a self addressed stamped envelope with proper postage affixed to Boston Ballet Weekly Sweepstakes c/o Boston.com, 135 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA 02125. Official Rules will be made available for 30 days following the selection of a winner.